June 24, 2014

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Hi everyone what’s up?!

We had a great week - as usual. 

Started the week out with giving a blessing to a less active member - who was in a motorcycle accident. He’s pretty messed up. He was in surgery literally all day Monday, so we came back to the hospital Tuesday morning. The request for the blessing was randomly called into the mission office, and the hospital happened to be in our area. He was apparently unconscious and sedated - but while my companion was anointing, he opened his eyes and looked right at him. It was the creepiest thing ever. I think god woke him up, so he could feel the spirit, and know that Jesus is looking out for him and loves him, and that other people love him. He’s going to live. And i bet heel walk again too. I’ve got faith.

I'm not going to lie. There was a few days this week that were abnormally hard. All of our scheduled appointments canceled, and we had literally every single door slammed on us. I felt bad because we even had a member out with us, and he endured right there with us all the door slamming. You know people often imagine, and before my mission I imagined myself getting a lot of doors slammed on me. But I never thought of what you do after the door is shut. There is no stereotypical missionary response to - "hi, were from the Church of Jes - SLAMMM." I sometimes feel tempted to yell right back at them - because they don't know how much of God’s love there missing out on - and how could they be so stubborn. But I know that's not the Savior’s way. 
I'm glad the lord blesses us with the hard days. Because it helps me understand - just a tiny piece - of what he felt, in Gethsemane, and up on Calvary. I know that the correct answer when someone slams the door on the missionary’s faces, is - keep calm, and carry on, because we have unwavering faith in Jesus Christ, and through him we can become immovably positive. No matter what kind of day were having.
I hope everyone has an awesome week! 

Elder Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Write to Joey:

Elder Joseph Patrick Allison
4945 Lincoln Way
Oakland, CA 94602

The Oakland Temple

The Oakland Temple
click image for temple details