February 22, 2014

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Here that are all flying out together on Wednesday!! Watch out San Francisco/ Oakland! were commin with power, and authority, and the spirit of the lord!

Something new that I learned the other day. is that "discipline, is the process where the the disciple becomes the master." I learned this in a leadership training, where we were talking about Jesus Christ, and his disciples. the only way the disciples (us) can become like Jesus Christ, is by being disciplined. by obeying heavenly fathers commandments, by obeying the mission rules, and by living worthy to have the companionship of the holy ghost. we often think of the word discipline as something thats bad. but its really something that we need in our lives to be successful. I think back to when I was wrestling in high school. the only way I could reach the goals that I set for myself, is by going to every practice, by working hard, by not complaining when it was hard, and by eating right. its pretty obvious, but discipline made me a better wrestler, and it can sure make me a better person.

My zone here at the MTC is so awesome and goofy.I'll see if I can post some pictures of us in my next email. its so awesome to be with kids that have the same feelings and desires as me. Before I went on my mission, I thought that I had to give up everything cool, in order to follow Jesus Christ. But now that I've tasted some of the blessings that come from being a diligent disciple of Jesus Christ, I've realized that this is way cooler then anything I've done in my entire life. Feeling the spirit is cool. Reading the scriptures is cool. Bringing other people closer to Christ is cool. if your not doing what your suppose to be doing. that is not cool.

I prayed the other night, that heavenly father would thank my dad, and tell him that I love him. and immediately, I felt peace, and the spirit pierced my soul. and a voice said, I love you too.
So last night, I prayed that heavenly father would let him go to the temple with me today. So I could talk to him. I told him to be there at 1:50 so he could be in our session.

I believe in God. I believe that he loves each one of us. I know that my Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and my father in the flesh, Thomas Allison live.

Everyone who's reading this. I challenge you to be cool, by reading the book of Mormon, by saying your prayers, by listening to your church leaders, by trying to become more like Jesus Christ. Because then you can feel joy and peace in your life, that come from your faith, and closeness to god. and thats cool.

Elder Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Write to Joey:

Elder Joseph Patrick Allison
4945 Lincoln Way
Oakland, CA 94602

The Oakland Temple

The Oakland Temple
click image for temple details