the book of normon

Sunday, May 31, 2015

This week was a little challenging. I got a super bad case of food poisoning, and I’ve been attached to the toilet for the last 3 days. I think more challenging then the food poisoning though is a text message we got from one of the people we’ve been trying to reach out to.

The other day, we had a super spiritually powerful lesson with her and her family, but she texted us yesterday, and in her text she voiced to us, that she prayed about it, and she doesn’t think the Book of Normon is true. (not a typo). My first thought was - well, if you think it’s called the Book of Normon, you obviously haven’t done your part to read it and pray with real intent.

As a representative of the lord, that’s the one thing that really frustrates me. And it must be terribly frustrating to the lord - is when people don’t do their part. I shouldn’t be frustrated, because I know I don’t live up perfectly to everything I believe to be true. But we know that when we do our part, the lord does his part. I feel so bad for this lady, because she has no idea what she is missing out on.

My companion responded with a text with a lot more love then I would have, and said that we know the things we taught you are true, and we know that Heavenly Father loves you.
Way to be Christlike Elder V. I need to be more like that.
Other than that, things are going great here.

I hope everyone has a great week! 
Elder Allison


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Write to Joey:

Elder Joseph Patrick Allison
4945 Lincoln Way
Oakland, CA 94602

The Oakland Temple

The Oakland Temple
click image for temple details