September 22, 2014

Monday, September 22, 2014



Hey all. I hope everyone had a great week! Because ours was pretty good. 

I’m kind of sad though, because Tuesday is transfers, and Elder Rhees is being transferred. I remember 12 weeks ago when he was born into the mission; and I’ve had the privilege of watching him grow and learn and develop as a missionary - being his trainer and first companion. But now it’s time for Elder Rhees to leave the nest and fly to perform miracles in other parts of the lord’s vineyard. Lol

Here’s a picture of the tenacious trio on our way to Oakland. Elder Cowley and me, and Elder Rhees the beast in the back seat. Except he’s leaving, so it’s just Elder Cowley and me now. 

 Also check out this picture a past companion sent me! This is why the oaklanders call the temple "the glow in the dark church" A while ago the church decided to turn the lights off at night, and they got phone calls from the local airports asking them to turn it back on, because the planes flying into the bay area use the temple as some kind of landing reference point. Lol



 "Elder Rhees take the picture!"

'Open your eyes!'
"The suns too bright, just take it!"

At one point or another in our lives, we come to a point where our faces look like this. We live in a fallen world this is true - full of pain of loved ones lost and gone - pain of death and sin - If you, or someone you know has a face like this, then remember our brother Jesus Christ - and his loving atonement. Have faith in Him, and repent. 

"And now, behold, when I thought this, I could remember my pains no more; yea, I was harrowed up by the memory of my sins no more. And oh, what joy, and what marvelous light I did behold; yea, my soul was filled with joy as exceeding as was my pain! Yea, I say unto you, my son, that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains. Yea, and again I say unto you, my son, that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy." (Alma 36:19-21)

Have a great week! I love you!

Elder Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Write to Joey:

Elder Joseph Patrick Allison
4945 Lincoln Way
Oakland, CA 94602

The Oakland Temple

The Oakland Temple
click image for temple details