July 28, 2014

Monday, August 4, 2014



Hi everyone, I hope all is well! Elder Rhees and I had a great week. So we were cleaning out our apartment the other day, and we found this...
I don't know what it was doing in our apartment, but we got a kick out of it. So I took a picture of it. Theirs a part on here that I was really thinking about this week. - The part about food of course. Just kidding, no the part where it wants you to eat a cookie, and then if it doesn't help, eat another cookie. 

I feel like sometimes I have a problem, and I’m so stressed out about it, that i just want to drown my sorrows in junk food. Mostly ice cream... 

I usually find that that helps quite a bit. haha. But I don’t think really because of the ice cream. The ice cream definitely removes some of the stress, but i think this flow chart, as silly as it is, has some advice in it that we can all use - while were attempting to remove our stress through - snacks.

"The point of this exercise is that what people think doesn't matter" So true. 

Something that I’ve realized is that there are more than one "great and spacious building" - it’s called down town San Francisco. (Just kidding) (If you don’t know what I’m talking about, read 1Nephi chapter 8, in the Book of Mormon) The people in the buildings are mocking you. Their voices are loud and familiar, popular and judgmental. 

We have the gospel of Jesus Christ. We have the truth! When you go to church, when you are baptized, when you repent, when you have faith in Jesus Christ, you are eating the gospel fruit - "the most joyous to the soul” You only lose the gospel race - if you give up. 

If the voices in your great and spacious buildings are annoying you. - then put on your spiritual ear muffs, and sit down with some snacks and realize that what other people think doesn't matter. Because we have the gospel.

Love 

Elder Allison!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Write to Joey:

Elder Joseph Patrick Allison
4945 Lincoln Way
Oakland, CA 94602

The Oakland Temple

The Oakland Temple
click image for temple details