Stay on the path....

Monday, March 9, 2015

March 9, 2015

Sorry I haven’t been writing much lately. Elder Mahe and I are pretty busy. Nothing really new. We found a couple of new people who want to hear our message this last week. Hopefully they will choose to get baptized, so that they can see how embracing the gospel of Jesus Christ can help them be more peaceful happy people.

Other than that. Nothing new this week. I crashed my bike twice this week. I guess that’s new ha-ha. Don’t worry I’m not hurt, nothings broken. Just some scraped knees. It was more embarrassing then anything. It was an accident, I hit a bump in the sidewalk and spun out of control.
I got up, dusted myself off, and said a prayer - shaking my fist at the sky "dang it, why did you let that happen. Missionaries are supposed to be protected from these sort of things."

And then I felt bad and said another prayer - "sorry god. I didn’t mean to say that. Thank you for humbling me. I really needed that, I was getting kind of prideful. I’m not going to make that mistake again. (I'm not going to try to use the bump in the sidewalk to see how much air I can get on my bike anymore.)

Anyways. I was thinking about my experience, how I can learn from it. And I was thinking, life is like riding your bike down the sidewalk.  Don’t go off the path, because you’ll crash and burn in the bushes. Or get stuck in the mud, and you’ll have to get off and push back to the path. You might even need some help. Sometimes the sidewalk is smooth and easy, and sometimes it’s rough and bumpy. Sometimes were riding, sometimes were tired and just pushing the bike. And sometimes we fall down. You have to learn how to maneuver around the hard spots, and you have to work out your legs so you can get buff, so you can make it up the steep hills.

Something cool about the sidewalk of life, is that you can go at your own pace. There’s no first or second or last place. All who get to the finish line are winners.

The best part about the sidewalk of life though, is that you’re not by yourself. Were all in this together. And we have our older brother Jesus Christ, reaching his hand down to help us up when we fall down, and riding next to us, cheer leading us along, when we think we don't have the strength to climb the steep hills of life.
I know that the Savior is a healer for the hurting, the motivator for the unmotivated, and the helping hand for those who have fallen, and don’t think they can get back up.

I hope everyone has a great week!! I love you!
Elder Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Write to Joey:

Elder Joseph Patrick Allison
4945 Lincoln Way
Oakland, CA 94602

The Oakland Temple

The Oakland Temple
click image for temple details