Monday, March 31, 2014

March 31, 2014 Letter


Hey everybody. Not much time to write this week.

I hope everybody had a great week!! Thank you to everybody who emails me and writes me. You guys are my favorite!

This week was really great for my companion and i. there’s this walking/biking trail that runs right through our area. We love to ride along it to get to appointments, because we can talk to people and try to find people who are interested in the church. It’s super awesome.

Anyways. We keep running into this kid on the trail in the evenings. We’ve found him skating on the trail, at least 4 times in the last 2 weeks. I feel like the lord has really prepared him. His name is Charley. We gave him a book of Mormon a couple of weeks ago - which he’s been reading. 

Last night my companion and I were riding our bikes home from an appointment in the evening, and we both felt like we should take the long way home, and ride the trail. Lo and behold, the spirit guided us strait to Charley. We turned the corner, and almost literally ran into him. He likes to skate the trail to and from work. So we walked and talked with him almost all the way back to his house. 

We walked through this park, and we asked him - hey, do you mind if we sit and read with you for a little bid. And he was like yeah. That sounds great. We read with him, Enos chapter 1 out of the Book of Mormon.

About half way through we stopped, and had a conversation about what we were reading. My comp and i bore our testimonies about the book of Mormon, and then we asked - Charley, what are you experiencing right now. I don’t remember all the way, but his reply was something like this - i feel really calm. And peaceful. It’s dark, and were all alone in this park, but i don’t feel alone. I feel like crying. 

I have never been so spiritually punched in the face. The spirit was so strong. I was feeling it, my comp was feeling it. Charley was feeling it, and i could feel that Charley was feeling it. 

Missionary work is so awesome. We get to watch God change people. There is nothing else I’d rather be doing right now. I know that God lives and loves all of us. I know that if you ask God if the Book of Mormon is true, then He will send the spirit to tell you.



I love all of you guys!

This is a map of the Pleasant Hill second area where I am serving. Yes, that is an octopus with a flame thrower :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Write to Joey:

Elder Joseph Patrick Allison
4945 Lincoln Way
Oakland, CA 94602

The Oakland Temple

The Oakland Temple
click image for temple details